Monday, July 12, 2010

What the Q?

I've been selling off as many parts as I can. My garage is getting cluttered, and I need to recover something from this money pit of a sport. However, sometimes there are items for sale that make you pull out the credit card, whatever the circumstance. Last week, I pulled the trigger on some used Rotor Q Rings. My brother has raved about them, but I've found their $260 price tag ridiculous. I found a set of used rings on mtbr.com. It didn't include the big ring, but I don't really spend much time in the big ring. At a huge discount, I had to just try them out...

... and they feel amazing. I installed the Q rings on the Orbea and headed out to Peters Canyon. The difference in the 2nd gear was immediate. I felt smoother and faster from the get go. The granny felt a bit jerky for me, but I'll give it time to smooth out. For the first time ever, I cleared the reservoir climb, and for the second time ever, I cleared Big Red. Two monstrous climbs in one ride! I know these climbs are just normal training rides for you athletic types, but I'm not the athletic type =). Anyways, the Q rotors will prove to be a big help when trying to catch Mark at the Over the Hump races.

No comments:

Post a Comment